Thursday, June 20, 2013

Emulsive Mythos

Several months back, when Disney purchased the Lucasfilm, I was commissioned by Entertainment Weekly to illustrate a spread depicting the cast from the Star Wars films attending the premier of the forthcoming new films (Mickey mouse is in attendance, of course). Thanks to art director Kory Kennedy for thinking of me on this one:

It reminded me of another job that I sketched back in 2011 of Capcom characters engaged in mortal combat with Marvel characters. The drawing never went past this initial sketch phase. 

Happy Thursday,

frank




6 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

What a great project to land! I love that Mickey and Yoda are sitting next to each other, its a great parallel with the ears.

puppetvector said...

This is Amazing Frankkkkkk!!!!

Frank said...

thanks, guys!

Brian K. said...

Frank...seriously, this is my new favorite work of yours!!! LOVE IT!!!

MikoĊ‚aj Spionek said...

This is great ! everything ! is stolen from Hanuka brothers :) style , composition, the way you show drawings :) great job in my opinion :)

Mark Modimola said...

Missed seeing your work Frank! This is such an epic scene. My dad will love thi! He's a Die hard Star Wars fan and so am I. Brilliant piece.